Being a part of Sons of Norway means that you are doing your part to promote and preserve Norwegian culture and heritage. You
· are part of a network of nearly 70,000 people gathering together in their local communities each month to celebrate their heritage;
· ensure that the traditions of Norway are kept alive by participating in the Cultural Skills program; teaching and learning about rosemaling, folk dancing, language, and much more;
· keep in touch with friends across the world and learn more about Norway by reading the Viking magazine each month;
· send hundreds of youth to Norwegian Heritage summer camps and to college through scholarship support;
· maintain healthy lifestyles by participating in the Sports Medal program;
· make a difference in your communities through millions of hours of volunteer service;
· experience Norway first-hand through special travel programs;
· spread enthusiasm in your community by sponsoring celebrations for Christmas, Syttende Mai, Leif Erikson Day, and other special events;
· support humanitarian, cultural and educational endeavors through your tax exempt contributions to the Sonsof Norway Foundation;
· ensure that your family is in good financial health by taking advantage of Sons of Norway financial products;
· learn more about Norway by reading books, watching videos, and listening to music available from the Heritage Books catalog.
We are part of District 4 of the International Sons of Norway. Here are some photos of a recent district convention in Montana.