The most wonderful time of the year is right around the corner and the Xcel Energy Holiday Lights Parade is here to kick off your holiday season. Every year the Downtown Community Partnership with the sponsorship of Xcel Energy hosts a parade that starts in Moorhead and then heads up Broadway in historic downtown Fargo. Businesses and local groups decorate floats and then light up the night traveling down the parade route with holiday music floating thru the air and candy coming from all directions. Below are a few ideas to make the most out of the night!
November 20th 2018
Events start at 4 and Parade starts at 6:30!
Family night: Dress the kids warm and bring them downtown and create holiday memories!
- First stop! Holiday Winterfest on 2nd Ave for dinner, drinks and roasting s’mores over the open fire.
- The Holiday Market at the Black Building: Photo Booth, crafts, cookies, candy, shopping O my!
- The Xcel Energy Holiday Lights parade: Watch the floats go by and pick a family favorite.
Date night: Find Romance when a winter wonderland comes to life downtown,
- Visit the Holiday Market at the Black Building to take a cute couples photo, grab a treat for later and do some shopping.
- Grab some food and a beverage at Holiday Winterfest on 2nd ave. Roast some marshmallows together and cuddle by the fire.
- Find a romantic spot along the parade route and enjoy all the lights and music.
Friends night out: Get your gang together, pile in the car, and get yourselves to downtown Fargo.
- Take a silly picture at the photobooth at the Holiday Market at the Black Building and do some shopping. Enjoy DJ AP spinning some sick holiday beats while you explore 3 floors the Black Building
- If you can’t decide what to get for dinner visit 2nd ave and the Holiday Winterfest. There will be food and drink options for everyone. Roast some s’mores and enjoy each others company.
- Enjoy popping in and out of the shops open late that night while you watch the parade go up Broadway.
No matter who you are there is something for you at the Xcel Energy Holiday Lights Parade. To make your plan for the evening visit our Facebook page to learn more details on all the events taking place before and after the parade. Enjoy the parade and have a happy holiday!
1 Night, 3 Magical events
Xcel Energy Holiday Lights Parade: 6:30
See Broadway come alive with lights and enjoy watching creatively designed floats by local businesses. This year the theme is Let Your Light Shine! This is a free outdoor event open to everyone!
Holiday Winterfest: 4-9:30
Sponsored by McGough and US Bank Holiday Winterfest will be located on the street of 2nd ave right off Broadway.
- Food trucks: The Hot Dog Peddler, Scoop N Dough Candy Co., and Fargo Fillies
- Alcohol vendors: Front Street Taproom, Kilstone Brewing, and Hotel Donaldson – HoDo
- A warming tent
- Heaters and fires sponsored by Frostival
Holiday Market: 4-9:30
The Holiday Market presented by Downtown Community Partnership and Kilbourne Group is you go to for nostalgic holiday fun! The Holiday Market will be located in the Black Building at 218 Broadway and will feature 3 levels of shopping and fun!
- Local vendors selling gifts and goodies
- Holiday photo booth presented by the White House Co.
- A holiday themed make and take craft for kids.
- Coffee, cocoa, cookies, and candy for sale
- DJ AP playing holiday music