St. Mary’s Cathedral

Bishop John Folda and the Catholic faithful of Fargo welcome you to St. Mary’s Cathedral.  In 1891, soon after being named the first Bishop of the newly erected Diocese of Jamestown, the Most Reverend John Shanley decided to move the diocese to the larger city of Fargo.  Bishop Shanley made plans and began construction on a cathedral, but the project was halted for six years when a fire devastated downtown Fargo in 1893.

St. Mary’s Cathedral was completed and dedicated on May 30, 1899. Over the years the Cathedral has been remodeled five times: in 1939, 1953, 1969, 1996, and 2008.  An adoration chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe was completed and its altar was dedicated in February 2013.  It is located on the west end of the Cathedral square.

Visitors are invited to come to the Cathedral or the adoration chapel to enjoy God’s loving presence in the silence, beauty, and prayer anytime throughout the day.  A current schedule of worship, confessions, or devotional prayer may be found on our website.

hours

Parish Hours: 9am-Noon and 1pm-5pm

phone

(701) 235-4289

address

619 7th Street N
Fargo, ND, 58102
Map

website

www.cathedralofstmary.com